Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I have a theory on environmentalists


Ecomentalists are hypocrites and I’ll tell you why. My problem with ecomentalists is with their so called ‘green’ movement and their attack on the car which is on some serious steroids. I wonder why they are attacking the automobile so much. I think it could be because the car can’t fight back. If they really had the guts they should go for the big boys, the industrialists.

The amount of pollution caused by a single factory in a day cannot be ignored. These factories produce everything from canned food to appliances to clothes and the lot. To start with there are close to 333,600 factories in the US alone. The pollution levels in each process of manufacturing cannot be overlooked. Also, waste materials resulting from a production process are huge.

Now imagine how many of these factories there are in the world. Of course the green party would say that they have brought about the implementation of the Kyoto Protocol. But to be honest there are a million ‘flexible mechanisms’, which allow industrialists to find enough loopholes in the protocol to get away with damn nearly everything. Let’s not forget that an economy is run by industrialists who contribute to the GDP of a nation. The ecomentalists do not make money for a nation and its people full stop. As a result the most powerful people in a capitalist nation are industrialists. So you tell me who spines the wheel. The fact is, environmentalists do not have the power to do anything about it.

But even that does not put me off. No! What puts me off is that environmentalists are weak and do not have the full fledged determination to go ‘green’ in every sense of the word. Since the eco morons do not know, or to be more precise, choose to ignore the core philosophy of their movement, let me put it down for them. To go ‘green’ is to reduce all sorts of pollution. People are supposed to lead by example, therefore environmentalists should follow what they preach.

So, let’s start with what they are supposed to do.
1. Stop consuming manufactured goods. Because, producing them results in pollution and wastage.
2. Sew their own clothes because that stuff too is created via a manufacturing process that consumes power and results in waste materials.
3. Do not use electricity (and that includes electric vehicles and hybrids) because dams damage the ecology of a river. And a large supply of electricity comes from diesel power plants!!

In essence what I mean to say is, until ecomentalists do all of the above, live in a cave and eat leaves for supper I will have no respect for them. I do support their cause, but in a different way. Because their way is just stupid.

I hope I’ve been able to put my message across very clearly. And I sincerely hope environmentalists will lead by example. Boy would it be fun to watch those imbeciles living in caves and fighting a cause. Let’s see how many true blooded environmentalists there really are, and more importantly let’s see how many people support their cause and follow them.

I end with the same line I began with, ecomentalists are hypocrites.

No comments:

Post a Comment